08 August 2007

Apple of my eye

Considering that I married a computer nerd over 5 years ago, the fact that I have resisted the siren call of new gadgetry for as long as I have is somewhat astounding.

And now, it has happened. I am in the throes of passionate computer lust for the first time in my life. I might have wistfully envied before, but now I am desperately longing for the new mac mini with iLife 08 on it! The new iPhoto is just amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

And of course, since I'll have such a cool new photo program, a new camera is imperative.

3 comments:

Julie C said...

I hesitated to make a response until I asked my little bro what he thought. He is a Mac maniac. I mean, he reads all the Mac Addict magazines and has for the last 8 years straight. He even had my mom save all the ones that came while he was on his mission. And he thinks it's cute. Not that great for movie or graphics editing or for intensive gameplaying though. His main beef is that the graphics card uses shared memory instead of having a certain amount just for the graphics. At least, that's my best understanding of what he said. His second beef I understand a lot better - since the Mac mini doesn't come with any peripherals, by the time you buy them you're paying close to the price of any other computer. I haven't personally added up those totals though. It may depend on how good a monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, etc. you want.

Sposita said...

Julie - i agree that if you're getting all new stuff at the same time, it might not be the best buy - but we are still keeping our old keyboard, monitor, printer, mouse, and sound system, so we really only needed that part of the computer.

Julie C said...

then little bro gives his okay - you might want to give it a stressing test of any movie-editing you want to do, or intense gameplaying, but otherwise "okay"