07 October 2007

Thank you, Sister Beck!

Listening to General Conference today, Sister Beck made my day. Sometimes, especially living where I do, and even occasionally at church, I feel that being a full-time mother just isn't "enough." She just reminded me that what I am doing is what I am supposed to be doing. And I feel inspired to do a better job (especially that "house of order" bit) instead of feeling weighed down by more expectations. I look forward to reading and re-reading her talk in a month.

Also, thanks to Elder Dallin H. Oaks for the "good, better, best" - as it applies to using the internet (ahem!), and other ways of distracting ourselves from using our "free time" to the "best."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

.

It's also like the article in the last BYU Mag I was just reading today about the journalist.

Sarah said...

I think a ton of us bloggers were hanging our heads in shame during that talk. And yet, here I am...

Julie C said...

I also loved good, better, best - those choices can be hard when other people expect you to have different priorities. My boss made my day last week when he asked if any of us could work on the weekend - he said "and I know Julie doesn't work on Sundays." How cool was that?

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Sister Beck give terrific talks? I enjoyed the women's conference, and then was excited to hear her in General session as well.