30 June 2008

Allotment

Whenever the Sita and I are reading a book and we come upon a group of similar objects, like say butterflies or flowers or jelly beans, she immediately starts divvying them up. "Dis one is for Mommy" (pointing to a red one), "Dis one is for the Dude" pointing to a green one, "Dis one is for Dada" pointing to a small blue one, and "Dis one is for [Sita]!" Pointing at the pink one. "AND dis one is for me, too!" pointing to the purple one.

Yep. Her favorite color is pink. I don't know how this tragedy happened. But at least purple is a close second!

1 comment:

FoxyJ said...

I don't know if they soak it up from the air or not, but for the last year my four-year-old's favorite color has been "sparkly pink" and she only wants to wear skirts! I know that her friends from preschool have probably had some influence, but it still cracks me up since I'm so careful about buying neutral toys and avoiding "princess" movies and products. At least she also likes dinosaurs and stuff like that too. I finally bought her some dress-up clothes at a garage sale and she's in heaven.