25 February 2007

The First Step (a Svithe)

I always love hearing a convert's testimony, so when the Primary manual asked that I get someone with a strong testimony of Christ to share their feelings with my class, I immediately thought of a dear sister in the ward who got baptized last year and has been a faithful member since.

She was delighted to be asked.

After I introduced her to my class, she gave the most wonderful testimony that she could have to my 4-5 year-olds. She even sang "Jesus Loves the Little Children" for them. I started crying because of how passionately she could speak of her love for Jesus in simple terms.

Of course, my class thought I had gone batty.

It made me reflect that great testimonies are not made with many flowery words or nice anecdotes or even quoting nice scriptures. Great testimonies come because of great faith. That's why even leaders in the church can say the same, simple words, but the impact of them is greater because their underlying faith is at least the size of a mustard seed.

Where as of right now, mine would be closer to a vanilla seed. But growing....

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

I had a serious comment, but I am overwhelmed with the need to tell you that vanilla smells much much better than mustard.

Sposita said...

i wonder if He would've used vanilla seeds in His example if they had been indigenous. because they certainly do smell nice.

Mika said...

have you read the calvin and hobbes where calvin decides to stick his nose in a jar of mustard and inhale deeply? vanilla can't clear out your sinuses like that.