30 March 2007

Spoza claims Victory!

We have become online Settlers of Catan addicts. As soon as the kidlets are tucked away for the night, we each gravitate to our separate computers and open a game of Catan. Many man-hours of productive time have been lavishly wasted.

Tonight, I finally claimed victory because I grasped this amazing concept that to win demands that I be ruthless! Utterly ruthless! And when the SM begs for some commodity, I turn him away empty handed. And when I have a development card that is really quite cruel to use, I play it anyway and delight in the wicked false laughter.

That, and the dice were kind. I'd like to take credit for this, too, but I don't think I can claim my brainwaves caused the dice to "roll" in my favor. Although I have some pretty nifty brainwaves.

Hmmm... a game that encourages ruthlessness and selfishness... I think I may need a new hobby.

No comments: