22 March 2007

Book Group Report

After an eight month hiatus from book group, I got to go to one tonight. I had read the book (thanks, Lady Steed!), and that helped my enjoyment greatly. But tonight's book group was especially fun because there were other Really Cool people there that were willing to make comments and have favorite parts of the book.

Before, I always felt like I was dominating the discussion, making loud remarks, and being either the bane or blessing of the person in charge of leading the discussion. Tonight I wasn't the only one speaking out about what tickled my funny bone, gave me pause, or provoked deep thought.

And I gave two of those Really Cool People a ride home.

And there were delectable brownies.

Most interesting discussion topic of the night: Are humans capable of more cruelty towards other humans than "demons"?

3 comments:

cchrissyy said...

"Are humans capable of more cruelty towards other humans than "demons"?"

Never mind that. let's talk about those brownies! wow.

Th. said...

.

Lady Steed felt she too was awful, er, spoken. For what it's worth.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually too shy to go to stuff like that. But I felt so comfortable going with you that I talked. A lot. So right back at ya, Cool Lady!