05 December 2007

I'm a Mean Mommy

Today while the Dude and the Big O were playing, they decided to start playing Advanced Peek-a-boo, and of course, I was the audience. I spiced things up by lunging to tickle them before they could hide under their blankets again. The Dude protested, saying, "Don't be a Mean Mommy!"

I reclaimed my seat on the couch and resigned myself to making silly faces at them as they surfaced for air. Until Big O exclaimed, "I want you to be a Mean Mommy!"

I considered this my license to tickle them both mercilessly.

It is beyond wonderful to have the energy to play with the kids again! (The neighbors might not be so appreciative - the joyful shrieking has incrementally increased according to how recovered I'm feeling.)

1 comment:

Th. said...

.

How did I miss this one?

This just perfectly demonstrates so very much.