21 November 2008

A Harmonious Day

~
The highlight of my day today was having the Sita singing the Peter theme from Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf at random times - at Target, while playing, and in her bath. Not exactly note perfect, but she had the rhythms!

I even loved her more when she told me (very emphatically bordering on screamingly) that I was NOT allowed to sing along with her.

Another highlight was piano practice with the Dude. We had such fun doing forte and piano and high and low notes (and high and low voices - his low elephant voice is adorable). He very seriously explained to me that he can't make such low notes because his vocal chords are smaller than mine.

I am so proud that when he plays one of his little songs, it sounds like a song! (My current favorite is the Magic Tree House song). He's already better at looking at the music rather than the keys than I am and when he lifts his hand to move it on the keyboard, he does it so gracefully. We're still working on the graceful curving of the fingers.....
~

1 comment:

The Conductor said...

I know I am a little late here in my comments. I am not the best at keeping up with blogs! But I have really enjoyed myself here, as always. I forgot how much I love your writing, your personality, your enthusiasm for motherhood and for life, and your general optimistic nature. Thank you so much for sharing with us all! Your children are so fortunate to have you as their mom. Hugs from me to you!