11 August 2007

Ratatouille!

I shucked off the motherly mantle for a few hours this morning (gracefully draping it across the Spozo's shoulders before I left) to go see Ratatouille with Jane Dough. I haven't had a girls' only activity for a very long time, and it was so nice to just laugh and talk without having to have one part of my brain keeping Constant Vigilance for dangers lurking nearby that I need to distract the Rosita and the Dude from enjoying.

I was infinitely glad to have a friend along because otherwise I would have been laughing alone quite a bit of the time, and I wouldn't have had anyone to make asides to during the movie.

Favorite scenes: the granny with the shotgun. linguini dancing while bitten by remy. the documents chase. the flashback scene. the rollerskating waiter in a snooty french restaurant. hmmmmm.... everything?

Be warned: you may have an irresistible urge to visit The French Laundry afterward. Luckily, the waiting list is over 5 months long, so you'll probably get over it by then.

Unless you watch the movie again.

I don't know if we can afford to own Ratatouille!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I totally agree - I was SO hungry after that movie! Ah, fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I don't know - I like bright, shiny objects. You may have to keep Constant Vigilance for dangers lurking nearby for me! Hilarious - I, too was glad not to have to go and laugh by myself. I do that while reading in the library and get terrible stares.
What will be our next adventure?

Sposita said...

jane: i don't know what it might be, but one thing for sure: it'll be fun!