25 November 2007

what's love got to do with it? (a svithe-ish post)

Today our class was in charge of the Primary Sharing Time. Since I've been gone a lot this month and my class is a bit younger, it was pretty much the 'Sposita Show. It was so much fun. I have to say, I love teaching, and I love teaching Primary.

The main attraction was our re-enactment of Nephi getting the Brass Plates. Half the Primary had parts (ah, the advantages of a small Primary!), and everyone else got to whine the Brothers part, "It's too hard!" or sing Nephi's part, "I will GO, I will DO the things the Lord commands!" at various points. The Dude got to be Sam, but he kept running back to the Wilderness instead of sticking with Nephi to get those plates. Lehi also didn't want to stay in the Wilderness and kept popping up in Jerusalem at random times. Laban was very good at being villainous and playing dead.

But really the whole point of this was that if we love Heavenly Father and Jesus, then we will follow their commandments (even the ones that seem impossible). And they give us the commandments because they love us and want us to be happy. It's just one great circle of love, man. Groovy.

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Oh.....

What an awful week to be sick!

Sposita said...

yes. you totally missed out.