29 November 2006

Stripped Bare

The Dude is relishing his role as older (and wiser) brother. Today, he determined that Rosita Chiquita had soiled her outfit sufficiently to merit changing it. Without consulting his superior (me), he unsnapped and had successfully removed 3 of 4 limbs from the sleeper before said superior noticed what he was up to and queried his logic.

I discovered that the garment was not badly soiled at all, and determined that it was mostly for the fun of removing someone else's clothing (instead of us removing his clothing) and that it lead to a long-time favorite of his elder brotherly activities: choosing her replacement clothing. Since the RC was enjoying the process as well, I didn't protest his precipitous action.

Another activity the Dude particularly enjoys is lugging Rosita around (very short distances) by picking her up under her armpits. Under close supervision! I can imagine that having someone smaller than you that you can move around is quite thrilling when you've been moved around by people bigger than you for as long as he has.

Ah, the joys of siblinghood!

3 comments:

Th. said...

.

We gotta get ours one of those. I think he's getting desperate. And has been for months....

Lady Steed said...

He can't wait to: "Put my blanket on my baby."

Sposita said...

I hope he keeps the excitement after his baby arrives. =) the Dude basically ignored her as much as possible in the first couple months. I prefer that to having a vigil over the child because of dangerous sibling jealousy.